The City of Greeley’s Economic Health & Housing Department, in partnership with the University of Northern Colorado’s Monfort College of Business (MCB), launched an innovation initiative in February with an inaugural Innovation Talks series on ‘New Tech in Farming and Food’.
The event featured a keynote address by Jason Suntych, COO/Co-Founder of Xiant Technologies of Greeley, and was hosted by UNC at the Campus Commons.
The program included:
- Welcome and opening remarks by Dean Sher Gibbs, Monfort College of Business
- ‘Entrepreneurship 101’ overview by Eric Fitzsimons of CNE Creative
- A Fastpitch by Michael Lolley, Chief Executive Officer at Insecticycle
- Discussion on modular hydroponics as a cattle feed solution by Eric Gostenik of FarmBox Foods
- Moderated discussion on entrepreneurship agrifood tech by Phil McCready, Economic Development Manager with the City of Greeley/Greeley-Weld Startup.
Those interested in connecting with event organizers and panelists can find their links and contact info below:
Jason Suntych, COO/Co-Founder of Xiant Technologies
Eric Fitzsimons, Product Design & Development Lead at CNE Creative
Michael Lolley, Chief Executive Officer at Insecticycle
Dr. Ajay Jha, CEO/Founder of Innop Global
Dixon Dick, Co-Executive Director of CoSolve
Eric Gostenik, Vice President Operations of FarmBox Foods
Philip McCready, City of Greeley Economic Health and Housing
Chair and Professor of Strategy Management Department
Monfort College of Business
Philip McCready, PhD
Economic Development Manager
City of Greeley
The next UNC Innovation Talks: Engineering Hemp-specific Processing Solutions will take place on Wednesday, March 16 from 3-5:00 p.m. Attend in-person or online.