Greeley is proving to be a favorable location for health care companies to grow with two major hospital systems in the community. Today, health services is a large sector employing over 7,000 in Greeley with excellent prospects for growth. The demographics in Northern Colorado are the primary drivers of development with increasing household incomes and more than 3% annual population growth in Greeley. The development of greater specializations in key areas of healthcare follows close behind as a secondary development driver.
The Greeley Advantage
- Sector Growth: An increase of 364 companies or 89% growth in 10 years, totaling 774 companies in 2021;
- Employment Growth: The fastest-growing occupation group was Services for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities; an increase of 21.3%, while Offices of Physicians increased by 3.1%, in the past 10 years;
- Top Employers: Banner Health, UC Health, North Range Behavioral Health and the Good Samaritan Society;
- Industry Support: Ten post-secondary education programs support the health services industry in the area; six at Aims Community College and four at the University of Northern Colorado;
- 2030 Projections: By 2030, the industry is projected to add 2,317 jobs and contribute an additional $123.2 million in wages annually to local spending, making it the #1 industry for direct impact in Greeley.