The construction industry has deep roots in Greeley where several top-tier companies have chosen to base operations and call home. The industry is both sizable and growing with a workforce of 3,600 that pays wages well above the Weld County average. The sector is highly concentrated toward heavy industry, particularly commercial and institutional construction, construction components and oil and gas engineering.
The Greeley Advantage
- Sector Growth:
- Annual growth rate of 3.3% in the city and 4.5% in the county over the past 10 years;
- An increase of 294 construction firms and startups or 34% growth in 10 years, totaling 1,147 companies in 2021;
- Top employers: Hensel Phelps, Roche Constructors, Journey Homes, Baessler Homes, Front Range Roofing Systems;
- Industry Support: Ten post-secondary education programs support the construction industry – seven at Aims Community College and three at the University of Northern Colorado;
- 2030 Projections: An additional 1,296 jobs and $82.9 million in wage revenue annually.