From startups to Fortune 100 companies, Greeley is positioned to support the food industry. We are at the epicenter of a world-class agribusiness and food manufacturing hub within Weld County—an agricultural empire encompassing 2.5 million acres of the richest agricultural land in the United States east of the Rocky Mountains. Today, Greeley embraces new high-tech, computerized agriculture, vertical farming, plant and animal protein industries, as well as hemp, CBD and future foods.
The Greeley Advantage
- Home of Colorado FABtech, a coalition of private enterprises, government, universities and non-profits working to accelerate next-generation sustainable food, AgTech and biomaterials;
- City policy-makers and planners who understand the importance of the regional food system and smart water management with access to 1.2 million acre-feet of resilient water supply;
- Activities span product processing from fruit and vegetable, dairy, cheese, animal processing, beverages and CBD extraction that is supported by a robust supply chain of logistics, banking, consultants, test labs and industry education programs;
- Sector Growth: 1.1% annually; 3,190 jobs in food manufacturing and 683 in agriculture in 2021;
- Employment Growth: Weld County ranks in the top 2% of highest employment counties in the state for food manufacturing nationally and top 1% of highest employing counties for agriculture;
- Top employers: JBS Swift & Company, Leprino Foods, Colorado Premium, All American Pet Proteins, Hungenberg Produce and Nutrien Ag Solutions;
- 2030 projections: An additional 787 jobs and $123.2 million of wages contributed by food manufacturing.