Community Development Block Grant and HOME Investment Partnership Program Grant
The City will begin its annual application and budget process for its federal grants from the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on June 1, 2022 with the availability of applications for 2023 funding requests. Non-profit agencies serving a low-moderate-income population and City departments working in low-moderate-income neighborhoods are encouraged to apply for 2023 CDBG funding during this annual process. HOME applications for affordable housing projects may be submitted at any time during the year.
HUD requires a process by which the public can be involved in the approval of the federal budgets and offer comments. Greeley Urban Renewal Authority (GURA) encourages anyone interested in knowing more about these federal grants to call 970-350-9380 or to participate during the process and make comment during one of the following:
- June 16, 2022 (City Center North, 1100 10th Street, Room #1107)-12:00-1:00
- July 7, 2022 (Greeley Recreation Center, 651 10th Avenue, Room #102 provided at reception area)-4:00-5:00; Neighborhood meetings to learn about the federal grants, how the City has used the grants, and what the current grant priorities are.
- August 10, 2022 – GURA Board public meeting – Meeting begins at 4:00 p.m. via Zoom: Budget recommendation to City Council for 2023.
- August 11, 2022-September 11, 2022 – Written comments on the proposed 2023 budget accepted and responded to ([email protected], or mail to GURA, Attn: Carol Larsen, 1100 10th Street, Suite 402, Greeley, 80631)
- Date TBD – City Council public hearing – 2023 CDBG and HOME budgets set: Contact GURA for additional information.
More information can be found on the GURA webpage.